July 17, 2011

The Best Type of Games

People will tell me that their favorite game ever is Call of Duty or Halo or something. They'll tell me something that everyone knows about and it isn't unique at all. I've always have had a different opinions on games and enjoyed the more obscure ones.

What I mean is I like to play the games that no one is playing and tell everyone about how good it is. What's an example of this? Well, one that I can think of quickly is Timesplitters. My brother hit the jackpot when he found this game. It was Christmas morning and we had just gotten a PS2, but didn't have any games. My dad took my brother out to some store and told him to pick out one game. He looked around a little and spotted Timesplitters. It looked very interesting to him so he asked if he could get it. My dad was a little hesitant since it was rated T, but fortunately he got it for us and we discovered a cult classic.

I haven't met much people that are my age who have played the original Timesplitters. It's easily one of the best games I have played and is an example of a true good game. Now, to get to my point. The best games around are the games that are extremely original but nobody knows about. There's a lot of unbelievable Indie games out there now that are way better then any of the mainstream games out there. Once you discover these, they will be games you never forget.