July 2, 2011

Starcraft II Pro Scene

Nada showing off his skills

There's really only one game out there that is truly just exciting to watch. I hate watching most multiplayer games, but when it come to Starcraft II, I can't get enough of it. Even though I did not play a single ladder match during Season 2, you can believe me when I tell you I was on GOMtv constantly. I don't even understand what the Korean announcers are saying but their enthusiasm gets me so into it. I have been a fan of the Chicago White Sox for my entire life and love watching them play, but man Starcraft is way more exciting than baseball will ever be. Starcraft is the only game I know that will probably live forever because of it's competitive multiplayer. I had dreams of being a pro baseball player when I was a kid. That dream went away quickly. More recently, I've dreamed of becoming a pro Starcraft II player. I started getting really good until, my ADD kicked in and I started playing other games. Even though my dreams of being a pro gamer have vanished, I still love to keep up with the latest news and watch all the GSL matches from Korea. Let me tell you, those guys work just as hard as any other athlete on the planet. Sure it isn't physical work, but some of those professional gamers practice for 12 hours a day for their team. Now that's dedication. Even if you don't like the idea of people being a professional video gamer, you have to respect in how much work these guys put into being as good as they are. They truly are cyber athletes.